5-Star Overall Side
Crash Safety Rating
367 lb-ft Torque
GMC Sierra 1500 Hybrid Models
Sierra 1500 Hybrid 1SH
- Hybrid Model Option
- Electric Hybrid Propulsion
- Fleetside Body Ordering Code
- Engine: Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI LIVC
- GVWR: 3,221 kgs (7,100 lbs)
- Transmission: 4-Speed Automatic EVT Strong Hybrid
- 3.08 Rear Axle Ratio
- Heavy Duty Handling/Trailering Suspension Package
- Tires: P265/65R-18 AL2 BW
- 40/20/40 Split Front Bench Seat
- Cloth Seat Trim
- Steering Wheel Mounted Audio System Controls
- Soft Tonneau Cover (LPO)
- Wheels: 18" Chrome Clad Aluminum
Sierra 1500 Hybrid 1SJ
Includes 1SH features, plus:
- Electric Rear Window Defogger
- Auto-Dimming Inside Rearview Mirror
- Body-Coloured Power-Adjust Heated Outside Mirrors
- Power-Adjustable Accelerator & Brake Pedals
- Fog Lamps
- Ultrasonic Rear Parking Assist w/Audible Warning
- Universal Home Remote
- Bose Speaker System
- Rear Vision Camera System
- Hard Folding Tonneau Cover (LPO)
*Discounts expire May 31, 2013
Engineered to get it done.
Whatever you need to do, there’s a professional-grade GMC Sierra engineered to get it done right. Sierra 1500 Hybrid starts by nailing the basics. Every model features a rugged high-strength steel frame, the proven performance and efficiency of a Vortec engine and a sturdy steel pickup box. Beyond that, Sierra is all about choice. The engines range from a very affordable 4.3-litre V6 all the way up to a pavement-rending 403-horsepower 6.2-litre V8. And if saving on gas is your priority, Sierra 1500 Hybrid delivers the best V8 fuel efficiency of any full-size pickup. You can choose from three body styles... three cargo box lengths... 2WD or 4x4 drivetrains... and a huge selection of trim levels, packages, options and accessories. Sierra 1500 Hybrid also offers the only fuel-saving hybrid technology you can buy in a full-size truck.
Built on the strongest pickup frame GMC has ever constructed, Sierra Hybrid gives you the confidence to know you can carry the weight. From the chrome grille to the steel frame, every element of Sierra Hybrid is Professional Grade.
Strength at its Core
- Sierra Hybrid has a fully boxed frame that helps it resist bending, twisting and shaking
- Increases structural rigidity
- Isolates road noise and provides smooth driving dynamics
- Provides a strong, stable platform for the engine and cab
Sierra Hybrid’s standard soft tonneau cover shields your cargo and helps protect your truck bed from harsh weather.
- Roll-up design shields cargo
- Constructed with integrated crossbows
- 3-piece hard tonneau standard on 3HB models
- Power-adjustable mirrors and chrome-clad wheels enhance Sierra Hybrid’s function and style
- Heated mirrors help remove snow, frost and fogging
- Automatically dimming mirror deflects glare on driver’s side
- 18" chrome-clad aluminum wheels
Inside the GMC Sierra Hybrid, you’ll find purposefully designed details of our Professional Grade engineering. From its driver-oriented instrumentation to its infotainment technology and premium amenities, Sierra Hybrid puts you comfortably in command.
Sierra Hybrid’s accommodating and driver-centric interior features give you and your passengers everything you need to ride in comfort.
- Standard 40/20/40 front split bench seats with a center fold-down armrest for generous storage space
- Available leather-appointed front bucket seats with 6-way power adjusters for both driver and front passenger
- Standard dual-zone automatic climate control for driver and front passenger
Rear Vision Camera
Make tricky maneuvers simple with the available Rear Vision Camera system:
- Easily back up to a trailer or negotiate a tight space
- See vehicles or obstacles clearer behind you
- View display in your rearview mirror or on Navigation radio, if equipped
Connection and in Control
Sierra Hybrid’s driver-oriented instrumentation puts your navigation, information and entertainment all within reach.
- The available 7” touchscreen Navigation System provides detailed graphics with turn-by-turn directions, built-in hard drive, as well as a hybrid flow display that illustrates how the engine is operating
- Available Bose® premium sound system
- Standard Bluetooth® wireless technology pairs with your Bluetooth device for hands-free operation and dialing
Designed as a pickup first and hybrid second, Sierra Hybrid works hard, hauls cargo, transports passengers and trailers loads just like gas-powered Sierra models. That makes it the perfect choice when drivers need capability, but want enhanced fuel economy.
Sierra Hybrid can handle over 1,500 lbs of payload and offers up to 6,100 lbs of conventional trailering capacity. With Heavy Duty Trailering Equipment standard, you get:
- Trailering hitch platform and 2” receiver
- 7-wire harness with independent fused trailering circuits mated to a 7-way sealed connector
- Wiring harness for aftermarket trailer brake controller
- Single wire for center high-mounted stop lamp
- External transmission oil cooler
Eaton® Automatic Locking Rear Differential
No other competitor in its class offers an available fully automatic locking rear differential for on- or off-road use.
- Delivers added traction in driving and wheel-slip situations
- Senses a difference in speed between left and right rear wheels
- Locks to turn both wheels in unison
6.0L V8 Engine
Sierra Hybrid gives you conservation without compromise. Featuring a 6.0L V8 engine with VVT (Variable Valve Timing), you get 332 horsepower and 367 lb-ft of torque, for strong, steady power at a standstill and bold acceleration on the highway.
Two-Mode Hybrid Propulsion System
Sierra Hybrid’s transmission has two integral electronic motors to give you smooth, effortless power. At higher speeds and heavier loads, the V8 engages to give you power. At low speeds, the 6.0L V8 acts as a regular automatic transmission.
During normal stops, regenerative braking uses the motors in the hybrid transmission as generators to decelerate the vehicle by applying resistance in the motors rather than brake friction. At the same time, the motors are capturing that energy as electricity in the 300-volt battery pack, electricity that is available for the next acceleration cycle.
Proven Battery Power
The 300-volt battery pack built with Nickel-Metal Hydride (NiMH) technology provides ample power without sacrificing capacity. Small enough to fit under the rear seat, the battery pack doesn’t effect your cargo space and passenger capacity.
Sierra Hybrid comes standard with the kind of Professional Grade safety innovations engineered to give you and your passengers peace of mind. It’s also why Sierra Hybrid received a 5-star overall side crash safety rating from NHTSA.
Stabilitrak® Stability Control System
The StabiliTrak stability control system helps you stay on the path in bad weather or on uneven road surfaces. The system senses when your vehicle is not responding to your steering inputs and then adjusts engine speed and braking pressure to any individual wheel to help maintain directional control.
Standard Safety Features
Engineered into every Sierra Hybrid are additional strength and protection:
- Hydroformed-steel-reinforced safety cage design
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Dual-stage frontal air bags, driver and right front passenger seat-mounted side-impact air bags cover front and rear outboard occupants
Safe & Connected: OnStar
Sierra Hybrid is available with a 6-month trial subscription to the OnStar Directions & Connections Plan. The plan includes:
- Automatic Crash Response
- Turn-By-Turn Navigation
- Roadside Assistance
- Emergency Services Link
- Remote Door Unlock
Traction control measures and compares the speed of your wheels. If it senses one or more wheels starting to spin, the system applies individual brakes and manages power to slow the wheel down to maintain traction.
5-Star Overall Side Crash Safety Rating
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is dedicated to reducing vehicle injuries and fatalities by reviewing and rating new vehicles to ensure they offer drivers the safest ride possible.