Rental FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions

Book Your Rental Here!

What do I need in order to rent a vehicle from Shaw Truck Rentals?

You need to be 21 years old to satisfy our insurance requirements, to have a valid driver's license, and to have a major credit card. This acts as a security deposit for the vehicle you are renting.

What about insurance?

For most clients, Shaw GMC provides third-party liability coverage and collision coverage with a high deductible. You can reduce the deductible by taking optional insurance coverage at an additional cost. Some corporate insurance plans include rentals under their fleet or office coverage. Please call us for specific information. Individuals may have the option of adding a rider for rentals to their personal insurance policy. Generally, the rental of trucks and vans is not covered by the insurance available for rentals through your credit card company. To be absolutely sure, ask your agent or credit card company for details.

Can I rent a commercial vehicle for a day or a weekend?

Yes, Shaw Truck Rentals offers daily, weekly and monthly rates.

What types of vehicles do you rent?

Most of the vehicles we rent are trucks, such as half, three-quarter and one-ton trucks, crew cabs, flat decks, and cube vans. We also carry cargo vans, minivans, cars and SUV's. If you have specific requirements, let us know. If we don't already have what you need we will do our best to get it for you.

What happens if I return a vehicle after business hours?

There is a key drop at our location for your use. Leave a message at (403) 243-5656 indicating your vehicle return time. Our security personnel record the license plates of vehicles left on our lot after business hours. We will complete your contract the next business day and send you the final invoice.

What kind of mileage is included in the rental?

Generally the rate and included kilometre allowances are matched to your requirements. Some of our short-term daily rates may include higher allowances from time to time. Please call us for specific information.

What do I need to do if I have an accident?

Exchange information with the other party as required. Inform the police and Shaw of the incident. We need to be involved as soon as possible. If the vehicle is safe to drive, return it to us. If it has to be towed, let us know the location and we can make alternate arrangements. As the owner of the vehicle, we have the right to determine who repairs our vehicles

Who pays for gas and windshield damage?

You are responsible for keeping the vehicle fueled, and for any damage to the windshield.

What is normal wear and tear?

We protect our vehicles with boxliners, mudflaps and bug deflectors. Generally, if you treat the vehicle like it was yours, the wear and tear would be normal. Dents, deep scratches, mechanical breakage and excessive material inside or underneath the unit, such as mud, would be considered excess wear and tear.

Rental Chevrolet Express524987|9496